Memorial Day is coming soon and many of you will be heading out to do some camping and taking your dogs along. There are many things to consider to make it an enjoyable and safe outing.
Camping with your dog requires planning ahead and being prepared.
Check lists for things to bring:
- Food & Treats
- Travel Bowls
- Water Dispenser
- Container -animal proof
First Aid & Safety
- Make sure you treat with flea and tick protection
- Insect Repellent
- Anti Itch Spray
- Paw Protectors ( for heat or cold)
- Your dogs medication(if taking)
- Antiseptic/Antibiotic cream or spray, Ear cleaner
- Wipes (Pet Safe)
- Bandage Material (gauze, wrap, tape)
- Vet Records
- Poop Bags
- ID tag (recommend Apple Tag or tracking device)in case your dog’s equipment breaks or wanders off).
- Head lamp/safety light
- Dog snacks & clean water
- Cooling bedf or bandana
- Sound maker to deter unwanted animal encounters
- Bed, Crate
- Food & Water
- First Aid Kit
- Poop Bags
- Runner cable
Once you have organized for camping you are ready to go!
Pease act responsibly with your dog. Keep your dog on leash to prevent bothering other campers and their dogs. They may not appreciate your friendly dog crashing their site or running up off leash on the trail.